Global Transport and Logistics conglomerate based in Berkshire, is looking for a Senior Windows Engineer with a strong background in Windows Systems Administration, PowerShell scripting and a foundation knowledge of the Azure platform from an admin perspective, to join a global infrastructure operations function.
Essential Skills: A historical background in Windows Systems Administration, expert knowledge of PowerShell scripting and ideally some professional hands on experience working with Azure IaaS.
Desirable Skills: Python scripting; experience operating within an agile DevOps framework
My client is looking for a hands-on Senior Engineer who is happy working within a 3rd line support and projects focused team (50:50 support versus projects) that support a global enterprise organization. The role is focused on Continuous Service Improvement and enhancement through modern DevOps practices. You will be responsible for driving automation, removal of manual processes and ensuring that the team is able to support and operate all technologies deployed on the Azure platform.
You will be a primary point of contact for customer representatives on your specific area of expertise as well as other stakeholder groups. You will evolve the services continually and provide choice of support offering and technologies that are readily consumed by product teams to support digital capabilities across the business.
Some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- ensure that any updates or additions to the Azure IaaS platform can be onboarded to the Operations team.
- provide consultancy and advise on best practices for IaaS offerings.
- ensure that the platform is fully patched
- ensure that solutions are supportable in a scalable way without significant human intervention.
- responsible for the availability and performance of solutions hosted in Azure.
- maintain a wide depth and breadth of IaaS and PaaS knowledge across the Azure estate.
- manage Azure DevOps Build and release pipelines
- serve as an Incident Management escalation point when called upon
The role will be fully remote to start with due to Covid but a "new normal" of WFH 2 days and 3 days in the office is a likely scenario when the world returns to some sort of normality. In the meantime, this role represents a brilliant opportunity for a seasoned Windows Administrator who wants to expand on their Azure knowledge working in a cutting-edge Dev Ops environment. For a full spec please get in touch with Ben Davis.