We have a current opportunity for a VMWare / VRealize Consultant on a contract basis. The position will be based in Sheffield.
Vmware Vrealize Automation (Vra), Vrealize Orchestrator (Vro)
Senior Engineer /lead in VMware team has the primary responsibility to provide Level 3 and 4 support for VMWare ESX platform which is the server virtualization technology used globally. Experience and good understanding of cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD), AWS, Azure.
Experience range is 7 to 10 years
- Experience in developing microservices hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure or other).
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to come up with technology strategy, design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD environment.
- Experience in administering Windows 2012 Servers. Windows 2016 server would be an added advantage.
- MCSA/MCITP/ITIL/VCP 6.5 or similar certification.
- Perform/Recommend timely Patch management as per the Schedule.
- Sound knowledge on vmware administration.
- Has hands on experience on Installing and configuring VCenter server 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5
- Experience on Setting up, Install and configure ESXi Hosts.
- Experience on setting up and configure IBM/HP/Dell Rack & blade servers
- Automated Installation ESX and vcenter using vm update manager
- Knowledge and experience on P2V migrations
- Hands on experience on presenting Fiber/SAS/iSCSI/RDMs to esxi hosts.
- Well versed in cluster management/DRS rules/Base Image management.
- Working experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, VCenter, storage migrations, and P2V migrations.
- Experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Experience on VMware & Hyper-V host management.
- Very good knowledge in Windows failover clustering.
- Must be aware of ITIL process,incident, change, problem Management
- Strong communication skill