Our Cyber Threat Operations practice is front-line technical services group, responsible for the development, management and execution of a portfolio of blue and red team services to our global clients. We provide subscription and bespoke threat research services, short-term and managed endpoint and network hunting services, incident response and readiness services and adversary emulation.
As part of the role, you’ll be working across these teams while they identify and investigate intrusions, evolve collection strategies, implement new red-team TTPs and much more. You will get the first shot at coming up with innovative techniques to solve a wide range of needs – from urgent scripts needed on an incident response case, to longer term development and maintenance of our threat intelligence platforms, to methods to automate the creation of online personas and associated infrastructure to be used in red team engagements.
We’re looking for passionate, creative individuals who live and breathe the following topic areas:
- Developing tools, scripts and systems to streamline or automate common blue and red team requirements, including intelligence automation processes, collection methods and analytical capability;
- Integrating disparate systems and data sources into analytical platforms, or orchestrating actions via APIs across multiple systems; and,
- Production of techniques to streamline the development of analytic content, detection concepts and signatures to detect malicious activity in log data, network traffic or on endpoints.
- Owning the coordination and implementation of technical development requirements from red and blue teams (e.g. working with a reverse engineer to implement a configuration decoder for a malware family, integrating a new data source to a TI platform, automating the provision of VMs and domains etc. for an adversary simulation engagement).
Ownership of the end-to-end integration for our threat intelligence stack (ad-hoc collection scripts, malware sandboxes, Yara/OpenIOC distribution, sinkholes etc.);
- Any UI/UX experience would also be a huge plus.
- Maintaining a general understanding of open source and commercial red and blue team tooling.
- Eagerness to get stuck in and help out with analysis on threat intel and incident response engagements in order to inform future technology requirements;
- Experience of analytical tools and capabilities used in a Cyber Intelligence functions such as Maltego or MISP.
- Understanding of open source and commercial information sources such as VirusTotal, Hybrid Analysis and OTX.