A career in our Experience Technology practice, within Experience Consulting services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients change customer behaviours through the experience journey starting with a strategy, then through design, and eventually implementation. You'll focus on bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure our clients fully integrate customer and user experiences into their organisation.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
This role offers the opportunity to analyse, design, recommend and implement technology solutions for the broad range of products and functions within the Asset & Wealth Management industry including
- Front to back business transformation including market leading vendor solution platform selection and integration and cost reduction
- Target Operating Model design and implementation (including Business)
- Leading technology change programmes, including application and technical architecture review and simplification
- Digital technologies, applying it to direct to consumer and business to business infrastructure
- Regulatory driven change (including client, mandate and regulatory compliance)
- Data and Analytics integration
- Within the field of AWM technology this is an appointment for Managers to be responsible for
- Manage a diverse range of assignments, as part of an on-site project team
- Manage on-site teams
- Develop thought leadership and build propositions and methods
- Identify opportunities for new business and support bid teams with proposals
- Support technology & AWM practice
- People development through activities such as recruitment
- Building relationships with our key AWM clients;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile;
- Will I have opportunities to work from home? Yes, although this is typically client and/or project dependent.
- How much time will I be spending on client site? This varies, but typically you can expect to spend 60-70% of your time on client site.
- Will I have to travel and stay away from home overnight? Yes, this may happen, but flexible arrangements are very common.
- Is it possible to have flexible working hours? Yes, although this is typically client and/or project dependent.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent track record in the Wealth, Asset or Investment Management industry, gained through a top tier consultancy (Big 4, IBM, Accenture etc..), a specialist financial services consultancy, top tier manager, or technology / service provider
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team advisors focussing on projects/programmes for Asset and Wealth Management clients
- Experience of business development such as proposal writing
- Good understanding of one or more of the following front, middle and back office, portfolio management, trading, compliance and reporting
- Technology skills across architecture, IT operating model design/cost reduction or experience of major package selection/service implementation (Asset Management - BlackRock Aladdin, Simcorp, Charles River, Markit thinkFolio, Fusion Invest and Bloomberg AIM. Wealth – SEI, Avaloq & Temenos,)
- Excellent understanding of market trends in Asset and Wealth Management
- Excellent understanding of end to end process (including trade lifecycle) flows and functional areas of Asset and Wealth Management
Desirable skills and experience
- Business skills - understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work;
- Industry recognised qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, BPR, ACCA, CIMA or CFA