Site Reliability Engineer - Banking
Market Rate - initial 6 months
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer - Banking for a top tier bank based in London.
The idea Site Reliability Engineer - Banking will have extensive experience of digital banking and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Provide support to the Capacity Manager and the Service Level Manager about appropriate service levels or service level options.
- Contribute to the Capacity Plans identifying requirements early enough to take account resources procurement lead times.
- Sizes all proposed new systems to determine the computer and network resources required, to determine hardware utilization, performance service levels and cost implications and also assess new technology and its relevance to the organization in terms of performance and cost.
- Assesses new hardware and software products for use by Capacity Management that might improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the process, by carrying out performance testing of new systems.
- Determines what performance service levels are maintainable at a justifiable cost and also determine when system resources should be tuned, and makes recommendations to IT management on the design and use of system resources to optimize their use
- Documents the need for any increase or reduction in hardware based on SLR's and cost constraints and provide regular management reports, which include current usage of resources, trends and forecasts.
- Unix / Linux
- P-Series / AIX
- SPLUNK / App-dynamics /Dynatrace
- Team Quest
- Performance / workload Analysis in general
- MS Office including Microsoft/Excel/Power BI
- And can work with: Generally numerate technically and keen.
- Any GCP associated Accreditation and Practical.