Senior Security Analyst
As a part of their drive towards operational excellence our client is investing millions of dollars to expand and centralise the Command and Control Centre to be 24x7 and be located closer to its IT operations in UK. This will help them improve their on-going monitoring, associated alerts, availability of services and applications based on agreed service levels to support integrity and overall resilience of the technology organisation.
- The Senior Security Analyst assists in continuously developing and maturing operational process and procedures used to analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents
- Provides analysis of security, network, application and system log events
- Participates in priority calls to present findings and mitigation suggestions to resolve incidents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours
- Analyse and investigate any security alerts and incidents escalated into the SOC
- Provide escalation of potential security incidents in line with appropriate processes and guidelines
- Research external trusted intelligence sources and leverage knowledge to detect events of interest for the Maersk environment and industry.
- Previous experience of working in a Security Operations Centre
- Working within a complex global hybrid environment
- Understanding of server, client and network technologies
- Understanding of security threats and compromise methods
- Understanding of Cybersecurity standards and frameworks, eg ISO27001, NIST, CIS, OWASP, SANS.
Candidate Competencies / Essential Characteristics:
- Self-Starter, inquisitive and curious by nature
- Good demonstrable customer engagement skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail