We have a current opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be remote working.
The job holder will have to perform the following duties:
- Implement process improvements which reduce manual efforts involved in patching process, including OS, middleware, database or any other software patching
- Partner with Infrastructure team to improve the existing patching processes if required.
- Partner with security team to implement any security and compliance requirements as required
- Define framework to incorporate applications' stop, restart, health check or any other steps required during the patching process
- Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring
- Provide leadership and consultancy on patching automation
- Work with development team to assist them to integrate application stop, restart and health check processes as part the patching.
- Formulate, organize, monitor and track all the patching automation projects in GF IT
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities, develop and control deadlines and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Create/Maintain automated dashboard and report status to CIOs and take part in relative meeting as required
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Proven experience as an infrastructure related position. Minimum of ten years' experience.
- Strong on Linux (RedHat), Python and Jenkins skill
- Experience with on premise infrastructure
- Experience with and proficient with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience specially with Ansible and Puppet is a plus
- Coding / scripting skills
- Experience writing configuration as code
- Any experience of Java, AWS, GCP is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and documentation skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong consulting skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated personality with excellent time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a high-pressure environment against multiple deadlines
- Capacity to contribute effectively when working as part of a team
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Experience within an agile environment
- Comfortable switching between multiple project contexts