We have a current opportunity for a Senior Platform Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London.
What would I be doing?
- Contributing to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enable the SaaS platform to operate 24x7
- Ensuring that the infrastructure platforms are secure and can scale to support rapid growth in transaction volumes during periods of peak business. Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure
- Designing and building infrastructure platforms with the highest levels of security. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Creating tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
- Collaborating with software engineering teams throughout the software development lifecycle and promoting an operational mindset, to ensure the ongoing success of our "you build it, you run it" ethos.
- Constantly improving the platform by introducing new technologies where appropriate, driving efficiency and reducing technical debt
- Work with engineering and architecture teams on solution design, capacity planning and performance
- Promote and implement systems infrastructure and operational best practices
- Championing cloud native design and ensuring our cloud environment is highly available, resilient and cost efficient.
- Provide out of hours support either as part of scheduled rota or critical project delivery
What key skills and experience do I need?
- Experience with a variety of services in AWS in production
- An interest in containerisation
- Excellent hands on Linux skills; coupled with a great understanding of DevOps principles
- Scripting skills: preferably Bash/Python
- Experience with Terraform and configuration management tools, preferably Ansible
- Focused operational mindset and passion for observability
- Experience with Apigee and running an API gateway
- Comfortable working with multiple teams and balancing their needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical by nature and enjoys troubleshooting and solving complex System Engineering problems
- Experience creating high available systems and scalable architectures
- Experience supporting network protocols including IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in enterprise level storage and network technologies
- A passion for immutable infrastructure as code
- Constantly striving for automation and efficiency
- Evidence of creating and improving platforms to facilitate continuous delivery
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a cross functional, or development team
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning.
What are the perks?
- 25 days holiday, 10% bonus (paid quarterly), pension, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, group life insurance scheme, private medical healthcare
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free season ticket loan
- Breakfast, dinner, fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
- Hardware budget to let you get what you need
- Dynamic, open culture with lots of social activities