My client is seeking talented Field Sales Engineer to support its growing Sales and Business Development activities in the UK.
In this position, the primary responsibility would be to drive and manage the technological evaluation stage of a sales process. Any task would be done in tandem with the sales team as a technical adviser and product expert. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technically oriented prospects, as well as ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
My client is looking for a self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is accustomed to extensive travel.
- Manage and coordinate any technical requirements in the Sales process.
- Perform technical demonstrations of my clients solution in face to face meetings, conventions, and web sessions.
- Responsible for presenting my clients solution to prospects face to face, at field events (Conferences, seminars etc.) and web sessions.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs.
- Able to convey customer requirements to the Product Management teams.
- Design implementation of solutions according to customer's technical requirements.
- Deploy and implement my clients solutions, from planning of acceptance, through installations and resolving of deployment issues.
- At least 3-5 years' experience with application /software development with C#, .NET, JAVA, PHP etc. programming languages.
- At least 3 years of successful enterprise software Pre-sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or any correlating degree; Master's Degree and/or CISSP certification preferred.
- Project management Experience would be an advantage.
- Technical Writing experience a plus would be an advantage.
- Excellent face to face presentation skills, business partners and large audiences.
- Fluent English (writing / spoken), additional languages are an advantage.
- Excellent team / autonomous work capabilities.
- A background in the software security industry including penetration testing and code review is preferred but not essential.
- Domestic and international travel required (up to 35% or more at peaks).
- Full UK Driving License required.
- Position will be 'home office' based.
Sales Engineer - C#, .NET, JAVA, PHP - £90k + 20%