|Job Purpose/summary||As an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA), your primary function will be to operate and maintain Oracle databases ensuring that systems are running optimally, ensuring availability, efficiency, security and recoverability.|
Overlapping periods of build/project tasks may be expected, however this is not part of the primary function.
List the 8-12 key responsibilities
- Understanding, articulating, and operating Oracle Database platform management
- Ensuring Oracle database platforms are running 24/7
- Monitoring incoming Database Events, Incident and Request Queues in line with SLAs and acting upon.
- Using Database monitoring tools to manage events and incidents and improve monitoring thresholds in line with Database workload
- Database and SQL performance tuning recommendations
- Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, change/incident managers, engineers, and senior staff members
- Actively participate in multiple work-groups at one time, and disseminating information across all levels of the organisation
- Review and contribute to technical documentation such as user guides, manuals system specifications and knowledge bases
- Contribute to continual service improvement by challenging, reviewing, updating and where inexistent creating, processes and procedures in order to drive operational excellence.
- Keeping up to date with current trends in IT
|Primary internal stakeholders|
- Database Operations Team
- Service Management Team
- Operation SME’s
|Primary external stakeholders|
- Off-shore Partners
- Business Application Owners
- Previous experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
- Previous roles might include Development Database Administrator, Database Operator
- Experience with Database Administration for Oracle 11g/12c Server; troubleshooting and resolving database problems, Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Explicit experience and expertise required of OEM 12c/13c in relation to Database Management and Monitoring features
- Desirable experience in managing and patching OEM 12c/13c OMS/ Agents and maintaining security of OEM in line with security policies
- Expertise with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Explicit knowledge of partitioning, clustering, indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Strong operating system skills, primarily Linux to include scripting and performance monitoring. Linux administration experience would be highly
- Familiarity of Service Management Tools such as Service Now.
- ITIL Foundation advantageous
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Sense of urgency
- Focused to deliver best in class service
List 2-5 key measures/success criteria
- Low number of incidents due to Database platforms
- Prevent lost Business Hours
- No high/medium risks on technical platforms
- High alignment to Standards