As a Manager you are expected to primarily work on client engagements, contributing to and leading Operational Transformation projects (delivery), although you will also spend time developing OT solutions in the AWM area (development).
Our AWM client base covers a breadth of organisations spanning: Traditional & Alternative Fund Managers, Fund Service Providers (Administrators, Transfer Agents, Depositaries, etc…), Prime Brokers and Custodians. These are primarily large multinational organisations who are leaders in their respective markets.
OT helps organisations to deliver on their strategic objectives and respond to market and regulatory changes by supporting the development and implementation of innovative operating models which can deliver the required change. Example engagements include:
- Design and implementation of a unique physical Prime Brokerage operating model which drew on lessons learned from the Lehman Brothers failure
- Supporting the CEO and COO of a global Asset Manager to achieve 20% cost reduction across their global operations
- Managing the full RfP and vendor selection process for the front to back technology platform of a start-up Hedge Fund
- Design of a new operating model for a new Fund Services business, bringing together a leading UK Depositary and Luxembourg based ManCo business
- Supporting a number of Fund Service providers to implement the operational changes required under the new AIFMD regulations
As part of a small specialist team, within the wider OT Financial Service cluster, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas. Our highly motivated team have an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to major international clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
Other more general skills we are looking for include general consulting skills particularly around developing client relationships and business development, an understanding of contemporary themes in the AWM sector and a track record of sales and delivery within a similar environment.
About the role:
This role will be mainly client-based, leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements
- Delivering Operational Transformation change projects
- Contributing to our continued thought leadership to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for our ASAM clients
- It is likely that your work will be part of wider transformational programmes and hence exposure to other competencies (Technology, Regulatory etc…) is desirable
- Building relationships with our key AWM clients
- Identifying client needs and proposing solutions to them;
- Developing the careers of the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Being part of the leadership team in the OT practice; and
- Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
Joining our team as a Manager, we would expect you to have considerable experience of large change projects preferably within a consulting environment or leading AWM focused business.
You will have be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges.
- Significant relevant operational change experience with one or more of the following types of organisation: Traditional or Alternative Fund Manager, Fund Services Provider, Prime Broker or Custodian
- Strong understanding of the role of all of the key players in the ASAM value chain and across the lifecycle of a trade
- A good understanding of fund types (OEIC, UCITS, Hedge etc…), typical associated trading strategies and key differences;
- Knowledge of the asset classes and products that funds typically invest in (Equities, FI, Derivatives Real Estate, etc…)
- Consulting experience derived from a consulting or professional services firm
- Knowledge of the key trends and regulatory changes shaping the Fund Services industry
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level; and
- Demonstrated experience of managing a large team.
- Education to degree level;
- Additional qualifications such as ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA/ MBA are highly valued but not essential;
- Confident approach, self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience;
- Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (design, build, implementation);