Digital Change is responsible for all Web Digital change for all front-end engineering including some stack microservices. The channels covered by this team include the Retail , Online (secure) banking and telephony (which uses a version of secure online). Digital change is delivered by feature teams for which all roles reside in Digital Change.
The Lead Engineer is accountable for all engineering delivery in Web. The scope includes Web based channels. The role is to ensure all coding standards and designs are delivered to specification on time, to price and to quality.
- Leads the entire Digital Engineering function with full accountability for engineering delivery from technical design to implementation
- Accountable for the technical design and ensuring alignment across all channel roadmaps
- Specifies and ensures adherence to the coding principles and standards for Web Engineering
- Works with Architects, Product Owners and Product Managers to steer each initiative to the point where engineering can start
- Conducts and reviews key design reviews (against principles and standards) and leads remediation as appropriate
- Specifies the frameworks and tooling used in Digital Engineering
- Builds and maintains the Web Digital Engineering capability for the bank together with our primary delivery partner
- Flexes the size and capabilities of the team in line with the demand pipeline from the business roadmap
- Mentors the Engineers in their team from both a technical and personal development perspective.
Your Skills and Experience
What my client is looking for in a candidate?
- Significant experience working in Web application development, of which includes significant RESTful API and Third Party service integrations
- A broad experience of web platforms, a good appreciation of web security and web infrastructure
- Interest in hiring and mentoring other team members
- Experience driving engineering culture within your team
Other things we view positively:
- Back-end development experience (Java, APIs, data, Node.js)
- Web frameworks experience (React, Vue)
- Understanding of UX/UI concepts