A significant opportunity for an Enterprise Application Architect has become available within a Financial Services company in a period of major transformation.
The Enterprise Architect will be reporting to the Head of Architecture and will be responsible for the design and architecture of large and complex application systems.
As data is becoming central to our daily lives, the organization is following a data driven approach and for this role, will be interested in someone who can help facilitate the changes within the organization. There is a move away from Object oriented applications and with that, Opensource experience, and experience in emerging technologies will be favored.
You will be:
- Developing the application architecture and blueprint.
- Leading, providing direction and coordinating activities of Application Architects
- Defining development frameworks for mobile, web and microservices that will enable and accelerate the development teams
- Reviewing Development technical designs and providing technical guidance to application development teams
- Lead the mapping of the application architecture to the chosen technology platform
- Defining application components, platforms, interfaces, development tools, and testing approaches
- Leading proof of concept initiatives to ensure the suitability of technology solution.
- Selecting technologies to provide long-term compatibility and flexibility
- Experience in leading evaluation of vendor products
- Participating in the Architecture Review Board
- Ability to bring solution design knowledge, which enables solution developers to transition to new application delivery types
- Extensive experience in planning and deploying both business and IT strategic initiatives
- Ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability, operations supportability and scalability
- Experience in various scripting languages
- Solid understanding of configuration management systems like Chef and Puppet will be desired
- Knowledge of API security standards and implementation (e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID, JSON, Web Token, JOSE, x509 certificates)
- Solid understanding of emerging technologies such as BigData, DevOps, Cloud Computing, IoT
- Exposure to emerging data architectures and technologies such as Microsoft SQL, Data Lake, Streaming Data, MapReduce, Hadoop, NoSQL
- Matric, Bachelor’s degree in Information System or similar
- Strong experience designing and deploying applications and Information Technology projects within Financial Services
- Post-graduate qualification or industry recognized certifications such as Togaf, DAMA, Agile or Design Thinking
- Strong communication skills
If this resonates with you, then please apply.