Infrastructure Engineering Lead/Coach - Banking
An exciting opportunity exists for an Engineering Lead at a leading Bank. Our client are currently working on a Technology Transformation which includes the adoption of DevOps, Cloud and Agile methodologies.
Location: London/ Work from home
Duration: 6 months rolling
Daily Rate: Up to £575 INSIDE IR35
We are looking for an experienced developer/engineer - with a passion for learning - to join our growing team, with a responsibility for delivering the technical portion of the incubator, including hands-on training, best practice coaching and the development of personalized development plans for the attendees.
- Provide team based, or 1-1 technical consultation to participants in the programme.
- Assist with technology onboarding (how-to's) as participants adopt new tools for the first time.
- Deliver training to the incubator teams, demonstrating the tools used in the code development and deployment process. Ensure that all participants leaving the boot-camp are able to demonstrate competency in the foundational toolset.
- Work with Product Owner and Practice leads to identify the technology skills required for successful operation of the pod.
- Lead a capability assessment, identifying the current level of skills for the team members.
- Develop a custom training plan for each team member, including signposts to appropriate training resources.
- As part of the longer term post boot-camp engagement, deliver regular update sessions to ensure the team is understanding the technology.
- Aid in maturity assessment to allow the DevOps teams to successfully demonstrate technical capability to exit the incubator.
- Have demonstrated experience developing software - preferably infrastructure - and expertise in the set of foundational development tools in use at HSBC (Git, Gitbub, Jenkins, Mulesoft, Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, Python, additional: Postman, Nexus, Litmus, Cherkmarx, Sonatype).
- Have working knowledge of a much broader set of technology and be able to advise on appropriate use cases for the technology.
- Understand why the wide scale adoption of automation and APIs will increase the agility of application development teams, and be able to share this vision in a simple and accessible way.
- Know Kanban, Scrum, Extreme Programming & Scaling Frameworks like Safe inside out
- Have practiced team development and have the ability to develop a coaching plan for a team
- Be able to demonstrate agile concepts & use of artefacts such as user stories, impact maps, story maps, big visible charts, planning, estimation, governance sessions, etc.
- Be comfortable teaching hands-on engineering skills to people with varying technical backgrounds.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to learn more about, apply now for an immediate review!