We have a current opportunity for a Digital Solution Architect on a contract basis. The position will be based in London.
Purpose of the role:
The Solutions Architect acts as the lead technical authority for the design and development of Digital solutions, taking advantage of technologies, architectures and methods to organise and interrogate huge volumes of unstructured data. The Xxx Architect will:
- Manage and govern client's Digital service offerings acting as the liaison between the all stakeholders responsible for delivery of Digital solutions using Agile methods
- Partner with the clients business and developers in ensuring the possibilities afforded by the emergence of Cloud offerings are understood
- Advise on technical best practice for Digital solutions from software selection through to technical architectures and implementation processes
- Identify & evaluate 3rd party products (e.g. archiving, encryption, access management) which help fill gaps within the service offering
- Advise on design and development throughout iterations of deliery from a technical perspective
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use in designing the solution
- Document best practices, guidelines, and training information
- Provide thought leadership and practical experience in the design and testing of the Digital solutions
Have a good understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at velocity to derive innovative technical solutions that balance political pressure projects have for delivery against strategic adherence. Experience with Java, User Experience, Responsive design, API adoption, Cloud product solutions.
Able to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience. Able to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
Have a strong infrastructure background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration. Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- UI - Solid awareness of cross-browser/device "responsive" development. Standards compliant HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap whilst having strong experience delivering to AAA accessibility standards and usability principles
- UI - Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies including jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
- Service architecture - Experience of API and service based architectures using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including: MongoDB, in-memory databases and caching solutions adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS - Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
- Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, LAN/WAN)
- High availability and contingency solutions