Our client is a leading AI company focused on Smart Government programs, public safety, economic planning, and national happiness. They strive at actionable intelligence for safer and smarter cities across these product offerings: data science, data management, intelligence, advisory services. HQ in Abu Dhabi UAE, with a fresh office opening in Minsk, Belarus where you will be based.
As a Data Engineer in their team, you will be responsible for assessing complex new data sources and quickly turning these into business insights. You will visually demonstrate data concepts and use-cases that will provide business value to our customers. You also will support the implementation and integration of these new data sources into our Big Data platform.
• Applicants should not need a visa to work in Belarus
• Excellent command of written and spoken English & Russian is desired
- You manage Data Warehouse/Data Lake plans for a product or a group of products.
- You are a Team-Player, collaborating with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- You build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- You design, build and launch new Data Models in production.
- You design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- You are detailed, defining and managing SLAs for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- You work with data infrastructure to triage INFRA issues and drive to resolution.
- You transform ambiguity into clarity.
- You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
- You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible and consistent manner.
Education and Skills:
- 2+ years' experience with Data Warehouse/Data Lake
- 2+ years' experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years' experience with either a MapReduce, SPARK or a MPP system.
- 2+ years' experience with Schema design/Dimensional Data Modeling/No SQL Data Modeling.
- 2+ years' experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience with a Cloud provider such as GCP, AWS, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, CSD, CSM, SA, ASE.
- Experience working with Python or Java, Scala or Go.
- Experience working with version management tools such as GitHub, GitLab.
A plus if you have:
- ML Production experience
- Masters or Ph.D. focused on ML/Distributed Systems/Databases
- Open Source contribution
- ETL/Data Modeling/Production Support
If this resonates with you, then please apply and I will be in contact with you.