We are looking for Cloud Systems Engineers to join the Cloud infrastructure development group. Cloud systems engineers are responsible for the operational support, maintenance and expansion of the private cloud platform with a focus on database services.
The Cloud infrastructure development group ensures maximum up time of the private cloud platform.
You will act as a part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery with focus on database services;
- Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency;
- Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services;
- Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes.
- Minimum 7 years proven work experience as a DBA, Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations and troubleshooting;
- Familiar with major database engines, relational databases: PostgresSQL,Oracle, SqlServer,MySQL and NoSQL: Redis, Cassandra, Mongo;
- Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering, architecture design;
- Understanding of network and distributed storage systems such as, CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS (concepts and architecture);
- You are knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding TCP/IP stack;
- Strong developments experience with shell, Python etc.;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be beneficial;
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
If this resonates with you, then please apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.