We have a current opportunity for a Big Data Developer - Scala on a contract basis. The position is with a banking client and is based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
The ideal Big Data Developer - Scala will have extensive experience with Scala development on Risk systems.
- Strong Scala development skills along with strong experience in distributed caching and big data technologies, preferably Oracle coherence and/or Apache Spark & HDFS
- Demonstrable knowledge in software engineering issues such as designing to handle a variety of latency use cases.
- Senior developer able to drive all aspects of POCs with cloud vendors in a highly technical way
- Experience of - or at least familiarity with - containerized (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and Cloud infrastructures and environments.
- In-depth technical knowledge with the ability to interact with a wide set of stakeholders from Cloud through Risk / Trading / Finance in business-friendly language.
- Experience to performance tune and optimize highly scalable distributed applications and enable their vertical/horizontal scaling
- Proven experience in delivering solutions that cover the full lifecycle of applications in a quality / sustainable way - including resiliency, latency, DR, and failover
- Familiar with software development and system architecture patterns
- Test-driven software development practitioner and understanding of mocking frameworks
- Understanding of all software development lifecycle phases (requirements, development, testing, delivery, post-go-live support)
- Experience working on relationship databases (e.g. Oracle 11/12g)