We have a current opportunity for a Application Support Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London.
If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there's a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. Specifically for this role you will be part of an Application Development team for a Tier 1 Investment Banking client. Not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure we'll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer.
The areas of the bank that you will support include the Front Office/Trading (Cash, Flow, Exotic, Prime Finance), Middle Office, Market Risk and downstream groups who need the data for client and regulatory reporting, as well as, internal Profit and Loss (PnL) and risk management.
Other Key Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the delivery of new functionalities, regulatory requirements, automation and optimization initiatives.
* Liaise with the leadership, engineering, operations and release teams to automate and guarantee the successful deployment and evolution of the platform and share best practices
* Optimize the utilization of the existing hardware, provide clarity in term of hardware utilization, costs and cost reduction initiatives
* Contribute to the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes
* Contribute to the production support of the existing applications and provision of timely responses to both direct users and downstream systems.
* Contribute to the definition and execution of the future strategic technology solutions, with a focus on migration to GCP.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Proficiency in either Python or Java is essential
* Given the drive for automation and requirement for high quality and reliability, a background in development with experience in DevOps pipelines in an agile environment would be a distinct advantage
* Strong experience with Spring / Maven / Git / Artifactory / SonarQube
* Knowledge of infrastructure, networking, security best practices and automation.
* Experience with technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker and cloud providers AWS/Azure/GCP is beneficial.
* Experience in performance monitoring and tuning, both at the Java Virtual Machine level and application level - e.g. building reactive data analytics pipelines leveraging historical and live/streaming metrics: Elastic Search, Kafka.
*The ideal person will have good experience of working within a bank. Experience with Equity and Derivatives and Prime Finance businesses from a trading, order management, pricing or risk management perspective would be a bonus but is not essential